Through this page you have permanent access to the ACG corporate governance course. By joining as a Training Member, you also have access to the Enron Case Study and other ebook case studies we will publish from time to time. Finally (for now!) you are entitled to a 50% discount off our Gold membership, which in addition to other premium content, gives you access to The ACG Report. Just use the coupon code “TRAIN” at checkout to claim your half price subscription.
The ACG eManual
Click on the description for each day to view the instalment for that day (right click to download/save) – or click here to download a zip file with all the files, including the bonuses. Please note, the main course files (Days 2-6) are password protected – you will find the password for each day/file below. To protect your purchase, please keep these passwords to yourself. You are welcome to share them with close colleagues, but if you need a wider distribution, please contact us for volume terms.
- What is corporate governance?
- Corporate Cultures and Vision
- Principles of good corporate governance
- 5 Five Golden Rules
- Good corporate governance is good management
- Corporate governance and the strategic management process
- The whole picture – the Golden Rules in context
- Conclusion: profit-enhancing stewardship
- Explain the importance of ethics in business
- Help you diagnose the ethical stance of your organisation
- Give you the tools to monitor and improve ethics and therefore governance
Password to open PDF: ACGeManual2
Goal-Setting and Corporate Governance
- Classify goals and objectives by nature and timescale
- Ensure you set realistic goals with maximum stakeholder support
- Help you define your vision and mission
- Show you the path to achieve your goals
Password to open PDF: ACGeManual3
Bonus 1: Goal setting agenda
Having clear goals is such an essential part of corporate governance that it forms one of our Golden Rules. On Day 3 of the course we present a model for a goal discussion meeting. We include a freely editable version of this agenda in OpenOffice and MS Word format for you to use and adapt to your organisation and needs.
- ensure full understanding of the strategic planning process by actual or potential board members
- equip such individuals for full participation in the next strategic planning exercise
- ensure each person has a clear role in this process and is aware of and committed to it
Password to open PDF: ACGeManual4
Organisational Effectiveness: Culture, Accountability and Leadership
Objectives: ensure that there is an organisation in place which:
- adheres to the Golden Rules of corporate governance
- reflects the stakeholding groups
- protects the interests of the stakeholders
- ensures efficiency and effectiveness in delivering business goals
Password to open PDF: ACGeManual5
Building a communication system for reporting and transparency
Objectives: help you create reporting systems which:
- ensure all stakeholders are happy with the proposed strategy
- monitor progress from Point A to Point B in the strategy
- ensure that stakeholders are receiving all the information they require
Password to open PDF: ACGeManual6
Eight pages of strategic and financial management definitions to help you understand the more technical aspects of corporate governance. A useful resource not just for corporate governance but for understanding wider business and finance terminology.
Day 4 is the big one: the core of our methodology is the strategic management process, which we adapt to include corporate governance. This has two major benefits – it uses existing systems (the course will outline how to improve them or create new ones where necessary), which in turn means it is not a separate exercise but a fundamental part of how the organisation is run.
For this reason, the fourth volume in the corporate governance course manual is much bigger than the rest, so will require the most time to study – and, of course, implement. It represents decades of experience advising and training organisationsof all sizes.
Thank you for your interest in taking your understanding of corporate governance to the next level. Together we can make a difference. Please let us know if there are any further ways we can help you!
We freely answer all questions sent to us from all over the world via our contact from students, micro-finance and similar organisations as well as businesses so please feel free to get in touch with any queries, academic or practical, you may have!